Plant-Based and Whole Food Nutrition Class for Beginners: 2 hours
*This class will have a heavy focus on disease prevention and care
Saturday February 9 – 12pm (limit of 6 participants)
- the basics of the plant-based and whole food lifestyle and what you need to do to get started
- what are some of the ‘must-haves’ for your pantry
- time saving hints related to the shopping and preparation
- how to read food labels so that you can see through deceptive advertising
- how to cook a whole food, healthy dish with your fellow class members (Yes, you do get to eat it also 🙂
- how to set up your kitchen for success
All participants will receive lunch and snacks as well as recipes and informational handouts.
Whole Food Meal Prep Class: 2.5 hours
Sunday February 23 1:00 (limit of 5 participants)
Participants will learn the basics of how to prepare a week’s worth of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners using fresh, whole foods, while actually preparing many of them. We will be cooking and sampling as we go. Participants will receive a breakdown of the preparation activities, recipes, and hints, as well as a couple of the sample meals we have made during the class. This class is best taken after the Beginner Class, but it is not required.